Get in touch

Job Search

Search for Teaching Jobs in England

UK National Insurance

Understanding the UK health service and various taxes can be overwhelming, but Protocol Education is here to help!

National Insurance Numbers

If you are working in the UK for six months or more, you have to apply for a National Insurance (NI) Number. This registers you on the official taxing system, so that you pay the correct amount of tax. This also means you contribute to schools and hospitals through paying National Insurance.

Applying for an NI Number

Protocol Education makes it easy to apply for an NI number. We will help you complete the application forms at your UK Induction and send them off to the tax office. If you do not have a permanent UK address you are welcome to use a Protocol Education office as your point of contact.

Protocol Education Blog

OCTOBER 2017 | "Your teaching agency needs to be transparent"
Jacqui is an Aussie teacher who has just returned from her 2 years in the UK. She got in touch with Mitch from the Sydney office and has been able to...
Read More

AUGUST 2017 | Aussie Dollar vs British Pound
Mitch Jones is Protocol Education’s NSW-based consultant working with Australian teachers in their move to the UK. In his latest blog he chats...
Read More

JUNE 2017 | Taking a long term approach to teaching
Alyce is an Aussie Primary teacher who took part in our September 2016 round of 'Interviews with a UK Principal.' Rather than start her role...
Read More

MAY 2017 | Been to London, Bought the T-Shirt, Back in Sydney
Brad is an Aussie teacher who has just returned to Sydney after spending nearly 2 years living and teaching with Protocol in London! Fair to say he’s...
Read More

A Teacher's Journey to London
Stephanie is a teacher originally from Canada, and in this latest blog she wants to give some advice (and hopefully inspiration) to other teachers from...
Read More